Flames of War 4th Edition: M3 75mm GMC in Action

Hello everyone!

So I have to admit that I always had a love affair with the US M3 Half Track. I just think it looks cool and so in Flames of War ( 4th ) I tend to take many of them on the battlefield.

When I saw the Player Card for the M3 75mm GMC, I thought to myself, you just have to try this out. So when Battlefront had there Big Sale in January, I bought enough to take a Full M3 75mm GMC Formation.


You get 2 for 5pts or 4 for 10pts. At first I thought that was great deal for the points, but then I looked at the German version (Sd Kfz 251 ( 7.5cm )) and its points value being the same, you realized that its pretty over priced.

The German version has better Last Stand, Skill, Assault, Cross Check, Side & Rear Armour, Hit on a 4+ and has a MG.

But will I let this get me down, No! ( because I like Half Tracks! ). So for the LV Open FOW Tournament I decided to through caution to the breeze and take a Full Company!

For 24pts you get 8 M3 75mm GMC and 2 Command M3' Stuarts. Thats about 3 US Shermans or 5 M3 Lee with 4 Long upgrades or 3 M10 Tank Destroyers.

I figure if I take a ARC with support, I am going to have 11x M3 Halftracks, 3x M4 81mm Mortars, and 3x T30 75mm Assault Guns. Add the GMC Tank Destroyer company, and I am going to have around 25 Half Track versions on the Table.

That alone means there going to be lots of things to distract an opponent! My dread is to fight a crusader or Italian Tank Formation as now all there wimpy AT6/7 shots are going to turn my half tracks to Swiss cheese.

So how is this going to turn out? Tune into the Battle Report of the LV Open!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LV Open Flames of War 4th Edition

2019 LV Open Team Yankee Tournment 2019